Under the direction of the Operations Manager of a leading environmental services Company, the Asbestos Technician will perform a variety of duties involving the removal, transportation, loading and disposal of asbestos materials and other hazardous and non-hazardous materials.
1.Coordination, dismantling, collection, stacking and packaging of recyclable (hazardous and non-hazardous) materials;
2.Decontamination of related areas as per instructions;
3.Loading of recyclable (hazardous and non-hazardous) material onto containers in preparation for shipment;
4.Proper labelling of waste and containers;
5.Collection of consumables required for use on site operations;
6.Use of company vehicles and equipment;
7.Perform routine inspection and preventative maintenance on assigned equipment;
8.Perform the following daily functions:
-Perform physical labor associated with cleanup activities, sample collection, waste removal and other remediation services
-Follow applicable safety rules, regulations, guidelines, policies, and site specific safety plans when performing cleanup activities and donning protective gear
-Operate heavy equipment necessary for cleanup operations, including fork lift truck, backhoe, excavator, etc.
• Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 3 years of experience handling hazardous material projects, and the ability to perform the following daily functions:
• Experience in packaging, labelling and loading of hazardous material into containers;
• Able to speak and read English well enough to converse with others, respond to questions and be able to make legible entries on reports and records;
• Able to perform physical labor associated with cleanup activities, sample collection, waste removal and other remediation services.
• Be in possession of an asbestos-handling certificate
• Be in possession of certificate indicating capability to handle asbestos decontamination equipment
• Be in possession of a certificate to operate fork lift trucks
Working hours: 40 per week. Working hours may be extended from time to time (as permissible by law) ddepending upon the needs of the company and the projects being addressed.
Remuneration: between €700 and €800 gross per month
Interested candidates are kindly requested to submit their cv to [email protected]